Friday, August 28, 2009

Braden's ONE Month Checkup

I braved the "hurricane" that ventured into Grove City today to take Braden to the doctor. It was his one month checkup. By the time we arrived at the doctor's office, the streets of GC were starting to flood. It was absolutely pouring as I got out of my car. I opened my door and stepped out into a flooded parking lot; the water was between my ankles and calves! Good thing I had capris on! I tried to keep Braden dry as we waded into the office. I was drenched! But we made it.

Oh, and come to find out ... we got a month's worth of rain in 3 hours in Grove City! The average for August is 3.7 inches, and we received 3.63 in 3 hours! I guess the grass and my mums are happy.

Braden had his checkup and is doing great! And ... no shots today! Yay! Not until next time. He is a happy, healthy little boy. Here's how he measured up, and how he compares to Mason:

Braden @ birth: 7 lb. 10 oz. ~ 20 inches long
Mason @ birth: 7 lb. 2 oz. ~ 20 inches long

Braden One Month: 10.0 lb. ~ 22 1/2 inches long
Mason One Month: 11 lb. 3 1/2 oz. ~ 21 inches long

So, Braden is taller than Mason was at one month and Mason was heavier at one month (yet weighed less at birth, weird!) We all know that Mason is quite tall for his age; alot of people think he's 4. Will Braden be taller!? Yikes. We may have some basketball players on our hands! Or they may be great wide recivers or tight ends!

No comments: