Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Morning At Urgent Care!

Mason has been battling a cold for a while now. Nothing major, the typical runny nose, and cough that seems to just hang around this time of year. However, my little buddy woke up at 6:30am this morning SCREAMING! I went in to see what was wrong and he was holding his left ear. I brought him into bed with Keith and I and settled him down. That did not last long, he started crying telling me his ear hurt, and kept sticking his finger in his ear. The crying escalated to screaming. When I say screaming, I mean the pure shrill of a two year bellowing at the top of his lungs in pain. It was horrible. I felt so helpless and I just wanted to make it better. Keith had to go to work, so I called my mom to see if she would ride with me to Urgent Care. She agreed, so I proceeded to throw on some clothes and brush my teeth. This was a task in itself considering Mason only wanted mommy. Keith tried to hold him while I threw on some clothes, to no avail. Mason hung on my leg crying "mommy" as I tried to run a toothbrush through my mouth. We arrived at Urgent Care at 8:30am, and realized they didn't start seeing patients until 9am. So we wait. As we wait, Mason tells me "I feel better now mommy", as he is playing with his toy puppy. Are you serious! Did I over react? Well, we met with the doctor and indeed Mason has an ear infection. Thank goodness. I say that with the utmost sympathy to my son. But now I know I'm not crazy and I did the right thing. He is now taking amoxicillin and hopefully on the way to recovery.

No comments: