Monday, May 04, 2009

Lend An Ear, And I'll Shed A Tear

Our niece Olivia is going on a field trip to Slate Run Park tomorrow with her preschool class. Mason has been invited to tag along. I'm happy for my little boy, he will have so much fun. But I on the other hand am having a really hard time with it. When it comes down to it, it is just Mason going to the park with his Aunt, Grandma, and cousin. However, because it is a "field trip" for Olivia's class, I cannot get past those two words. A field trip!? I am truely heartbroken that I will be at work tomorrow and cannot share in the fun day that Mason will have. He has to pack a lunch and I went out and bought him a Thomas the Train lunchbox! I told him that mommy wishes she could be there and he can think of mommy when he eats his lunch :) I'm am packing him a PB&J sandwich, chips, a banana, fruit snacks, a Capri Sun to drink, and two Hershey kisses for dessert! What a tasty lunch! I really think I will end up in tears before this night is over. Remember I am pregnant guys! Hormones! And for the record, yes I will be the mom who cries her eyes out when Mason goes to kindergarden! I do hope Mason enjoys his day tomorrow and I will try to get through mine without tears!

No comments: