Monday, December 29, 2008

Recovering From Montezuma's Revenge

Disclaimer: This is not for weak stomachs!

I am on the road to recovery from some ridiculous illness that had me feeling like I was knocking on death's door. I had been feeling nauseous throughout the day Saturday, but it hit me about 10pm Saturday night. I became severely nauseous and threw up. I laid in bed and tried to ignore it eventually falling asleep. At 1am I woke up throwing up and my stomach was severely hurting. To make a long story short, this continued all night and along with that the "#2" came as well. It was aweful! Sunday morning Keith had to go to work so I called my mom, thank goodness for mommy's! My mom took Mason for the entire day until Keith got home from work. I slept the entire day, only getting up to greet my new found friend ... the toilet. Though I didn't eat at all on Sunday, I drank two Sprite Zeros, this nonsense continued a little bit Sunday night. Where it was coming from at this point I have no idea! By this morning I was still achy and felt like I had been run over by a train! This flu bug was exhausting. This must have been what poor Mason had on Christmas. I am feeling better than I was. I still feel weak and I've just been resting, and my stomach still doesn't feel "right". I think it may take my stomach a few days to get back to normal. I am happy to say I've actually kept some food down today! A plain waffle, two pieces of toast, and a small bowl of ice cream. Those of you who know how much I love ice cream, would laugh ... this was like a sample cup of ice cream, no joke, it was tiny! Anyway, I'm on the road to recovery ... I hope! And hope to be back to work tomorrow and feeling somewhat normal again.

No comments: