Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year's Eve!

Me, Aunt Teri, and Uncle Tony
Mason playing Pass the Pigs with Aunt Sheila
Me, Mason, and Aunt Sheila
(Aunt Sheila is my dad's sister)

Grams playing UNO


Tonight was our annual New Year's Eve game night, and this year I declared it Jammie Night. This event is typically held at my house, but since this year we are staying with my grandma and house hunting, our night was altered somewhat. Grandma offered her house to hold our game night, which was nice, because Mason and I didn't have to go anywhere! This year was a little let down compared to years past simply because ... Keith had to work until 1am, my brother was home sick, Anisa had to work, my dad was home sick, Aaron and Clair stayed in at their house, and Allan kept Anthony and stayed at his house. Aunt Teri and Uncle Tony came over but left early because poor Aunt Teri was feeling the nauseous bug! What a bummer! Our party consisted of, me, my mom, Aunt Sheila, and my Grandma. Oh and of course Mason. I felt bad for my Aunt Sheila who stayed in town longer this year just so she could attend "Joelle's Annual New Year's Party, " and it was a bust. Next year Aunt Sheila ... Next year! We still had fun just spending time enjoying each other's company. We taught my Grandma how to play UNO, and played a couple games of that throughout the evening. Everyone has now gone home, Mason is in bed, and Keith gets off work in and hour. I will be ringing in 2009 by myself this evening.

I am excited for the upcoming year and what it holds. It will be filled with many firsts, and much excitement I'm sure. And I'm looking forward to every minute of it!

No comments: