Monday, February 01, 2010

An Old Friend ...

I met up with a old friend of mine on Saturday. We used to be so close, but with building a marriage and a family over the past few years we had just lost touch with each other ... it happens to the best of us. But on Saturday I got to spend over an hour with my friend getting re-aquainted ... we'll call her "GYM!"

Nikki has a full gym set up in her basement! So we started working out this past Saturday. It was AWESOME! I have always enjoyed going to the gym and staying in shape. It's a stress reliever, a hobby, I just enjoy it! It is hard to find time when you have children, a full time job, and not to mention you and your husband work opposite shifts! But now it's great. Three times a week I have a "playdate" with my best friend and our kids. Mommies workout while the kiddies play! AWESOME!

After two days of hitting the gym (like I had never left, LOL) I am feeling it today! A little sore ... but a good sore indeed. So here's to getting back in shape!

No comments: